Scholars are a key aspect to our communities.
They are the foundation of our Masaajid in leading congregational prayers, teaching and supporting us with our daily life predicaments.
With countless Masaajid not able to raise enough donation funds to suitably pay their Imaams, many of them are in desperate need of basic necessities.
This has affected their daily lives in supporting their own families in many circumstances.
We are raising funds to support Imaams and teachers who are facing financial difficulties. Many of the Imaams and teachers have been volunteering their time for the community. However, this makes it difficult to provide for their families. For this reason, Imaams and Teachers often leave their posts in order to find jobs to earn an income. Our project aims to allow them to continue the blessed work of Dean and sponsor them so they can support their families.
It should be our duty to support them in their time of need just as they selflessly supported us in our time of need.
- An Abdullah Aid representative from each country will identify Imaams/teachers in need, mainly in rural areas
- A zakaat eligibility form will be completed to identify Imaams eligible for Zakaat
- A monthly cash grant will be provided to each Imaam
- Grants will vary depending on the country and the Imams situation
- Each Imaams situation will be monitored regularly.
Any additional funds will be used towards our Imaam sponsorship programme.